The Security & Welfare Delegate is required to deploy to a complex crisis to support Red Cross/Red Crescent operations. He/she will report directly to the Danish Red Cross Country Manager in Ukraine with technical reporting lines to DRC Global Security Adviser and/or other RC Movement Partners depending on the situation.
Provide professional Security Risk Management (SRM) advice and support to Country Manager (CM) and the Danish Red Cross country office team.
- Support the CM to fulfil his/her security management responsibility.
- Support the CM to implement measures on staff welfare and wellbeing.
You will be responsible for
Strategic management / support
- Advise and support CM in SRM related to personnel and assets under the CM’s security management responsibility.
- Liaise and coordinate with ICRC in matters of ICRC security management support, with IFRC and with other relevant Movement partners.
- Identify areas for specialist support to staff and support implementing new processes geared to attract and retain staff
Operational management / support
- Monitor the security/threat environment and provide advice in changing context.
- Carry out security risk and threat assessments.
- Identify security (and safety) risk management measures and particularly ensuring contingency plans are in place and up to date for all DRC locations.
- Respond to/follow up on security incidents, and assist the CM in incident analysis and staff communication/measures.
- Other security & safety related tasks as assigned by CM.
- Ensure staff have a mechanism for voicing safety and welfare concerns.
- Takes and complete feedback loops and guide teams and individuals with interpersonal relationships to be part of an engaged and inclusive work environment.
- Draft/update country security and contingency documentation.
- Monitor and evaluate implementation of security regulations and processes.
- Establish and maintain effective liaison relations with external agencies and humanitarian security focal points.
- Participate in relevant security meetings both internally and externally.
- Provide security and welfare updates to Senior Management
- Conduct security (and safety) briefings for incoming staff and visitors.
- Provide or source general or more specific training where relevant (e.g. UXO awareness), including emergency drills.
- Relevant professional qualification in security management or military/police academy qualification.
- HR or management experience working with wellbeing initiatives and programmes is an advantage
- Successfully completed a Hostile Environment Awareness Training course.
- Basic Delegates Training Course or equivalent knowledge.
- 5 years’ experience in security for international organisations
- Experience in the country or region is an added advantage, including languages.
- Red Cross Movement experience is an added advantage
- Demonstrated success in incident management.
- Proactive, able to identify gaps and initiate new systems and procedures
- Sharing the RC/RC principles and values.
- Ability to work in a multicultural team environment, proven ability as a good communicator.
- Written skills for producing documents in English.
- Inspires trust.
The ideal starting date would around 15 January 2023 or as soon as possible. The length of the contract is 12 months with the possibility to be extended. Your duty station will be Kyiv, Ukraine, unless the situation necessitates otherwise. The position is a non-family duty station and will include R&R benefits for as long as the security situation deems it necessary.
Travelling to the project areas will take place to the degree that the security situation in-country allows. For security reasons, please also highlight if you have already had HEAT training, and the date of this training.
The monthly salary including all allowances and pension will be between DKK 44,000 to 46,500 pending on qualifications and experience.
For more information on the position please contact Senior Security Advisor, Sabina Brimson, if you have further questions.
Application deadline will be 11 December and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Your application and CV should be uploaded at DRC web page www.rodekors.dk/job