Our affiliate programme aims to improve knowledge transfer – in both directions – by facilitating collaboration. GISF affiliates are individuals and organisations with experience supporting humanitarian security risk management. The programme creates engagement opportunities for:
- private service providers;
- non-profit service providers;
- independent consultants, and;
- others, such as those in academia, research or media.
Those meeting the requirements for either membership or business partnership should apply through those routes, rather than the affiliate programme.
For us, humanitarian refers to not-for-profit activities that seek to improve lives and reduce suffering.
What does GISF affiliation look like?
- GISF Chat: Access to select channels of the GISF Chat. This includes the Consultant/Training Room, where members can advertise training and consultancy opportunities.
- Affiliate Newsletter: A quarterly magazine-style newsletter, sharing GISF news and collaboration opportunities.
- Consultant and Services Register: Affiliates (service providers only) are added to the GISF Register, a brand-new tool in our online members’ area. Our membership of over 100 organisations use this tool to find reputable service providers.
- Affiliate Logo: Exclusive use of the GISF affiliate logo (service providers only). This may be used on websites, email footers, etc.
- Events: On a case-by-case basis, affiliates are able to attend GISF workshops of interest to them. Registration will be approved by the secretariat, depending on capacity and facilitators’ preferences.
- GISF Members’ Forum: Invitation the Autumn GISF Forum, usually taking place in September (others only). The forums provide a space to network with security focal points and experts from the humanitarian sector and beyond.
Who are GISF’s current affiliates?
Some of GISF’s current affiliate services providers include…
All affiliates’ details are available in the member-only area of the GISF website.
What are the different types?
How do I become an affiliate?
- Contact our Deputy Director, Heather Hughes, on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions before applying.
- Complete the online application form. You will need contact details for two references from within the GISF membership.
- We’ll email you to let you know that we’ve received your application.
- Our Steering Group reviews all applications on a monthly basis.
- Once we have received any references required, we aim to make a decision on your application within 4-6 weeks – you’ll receive this via email.
- If your application was successful, we’ll be in touch with all the necessary information. Welcome to the GISF network!
Are there any other options to collaborate with GISF?
Friends of GISF: These are individuals who are interested in security risk management and wish to continue to engage with the topic, but do not wish to actively participate in GISF activities nor benefit from access to training and consulting opportunities. Friends of GISF will receive the quarterly affiliates newsletter, as well as ad-hoc updates from the Secretariat. If you would like to become a ‘friend’, please email email@example.com.
Business Partners: For-profit organisations with an annual turnover of 2 million euros or more can engage with GISF through our strategic business partnership programme.
Members: Membership is open to non-profit organisations that meet criteria for either full or associate membership.