The Global Interagency Security Forum (formerly EISF) is a member-led NGO forum that drives change through our global network of over 125 member organisations. We influence good security risk management practice that works for the whole humanitarian sector, improving the security of aid workers and operations for sustainable access.
- GISF Inclusive Security Podcast Series | Ep2 Available Now18 Nov 2021This series explores inclusivity through the lens of security risk management (SRM). It can be said that inclusivity is at the heart of successful SRM. Organisations have a responsibility to provide a duty of care to all staff. They must take all reasonable measures to protect their staff from foreseeable risks, including those that emerge due to an aid worker’s personal characteristics such as, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, disabilities, sexual orientation etc. Security professionals need to have a comprehensive understanding of how personal identities and characteristics can impact personal security. This knowledge should be integrated into security polices and approaches so that they are inclusive and effective for all.While it is important to design and create inclusive security policies and practices, operationalising inclusivity can come with challenges. What do security mangers need to know? How can they stay up to date and ultimately keep producing and designing inclusive security procedures? This podcast series explores the elements of inclusive security, what it is and what it looks like in the humanitarian context. These conversations are enriched by expert guests spanning security professionals, humanitarians, and more.
Apple Podcasts: The GISF Podcast – Global Interagency Security Forum
You can access all episodes of this series here.
- Internal Safeguarding Investigations: the truth may hurt, but not as much as the alternatives01 Dec 2021
- Two Steps for INGO Security Managers to Tackle Inequity in Global Safety and Security Infrastructures10 Nov 2021
- Meet GISF Member Simona Mortolini - a driving force for inclusive security risk management in the humanitarian sector26 Oct 2021
- Personal Networks are a Critical Asset in Humanitarian Security Risk Management13 Oct 2021